It is finally there! The long-awaited SAP Lumira 2.0 is available! With the launch of Lumira 2.0, SAP introduces a data visualisation application suitable for self-service analytics and dashboarding. The introduction of Lumira also means a simplification in the tools for analytics. Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports for reporting; Analysis Office for Office Integration and multidimensional analysis; and Lumira 2.0 for self-service analytics (data discovery) and dashboarding (applications).
From a data discovery and visualisation activity from the business in a couple of clicks growing into a fully IT supported dashboard. The business determines what information is important!
SAP Lumira 2.0 is the product that will give you the necessary tools to build impactful presentations without being an expert in programming.
Lumira was introduced to help extend the power of traditional business intelligence, defined by Gartner as:
“A self-contained architecture that enables nontechnical users to autonomously execute full-spectrum analytic workflows from data access, ingestion and preparation to interactive analysis, and the collaborative sharing of insights.”
SAP Lumira 2.0 improves access to such trusted data using existing BusinessObjects Universe semantic layers and direct access to data warehouses such as SAP BW. In addition, it allows business people to mash data together from any source they have access to — from third-party cloud data to local spreadsheets — without having to contact IT.
Convergence of Lumira and Design Studio.
- SAP Lumira into SAP Lumira Discovery
- SAP Design Studio into SAP Lumira Designer
- Promote business user visualizations to enterprise dashboards
- Changing requirements doesn’t need a tool switch
- Respect existing customer investments on Design Studio and Lumira
- Improved ease of use driving broad adoption with improved Discovery UX
- Combined server-side add-on reduces IT administration cost